Learning Ally creates human-narrated audio textbooks, literature and education solutions for students with print and learning disabilities including dyslexia
For additional information regarding these state and federally funded projects:Bookshare
Senior Educational Program Manager for Bookshare, Christine Jones: christinej@Benetech.org
Educator Engagement Manager for Learning Ally, Kimberlie Hiler: email@example.com
Linda Ray Intervention Center
"Brighter Tomorrows for Miami's At-Risk Children and Families"
The Linda Ray Intervention Center is a University-based Multidisciplinary Educational Service Center within the Department of Education’s Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resources System. Additionally, the LRIC is one of the five Early Intervention Birth-Two Programs in Miami within the state’s Early Steps program for young children with disabilities. The LRIC is part of the Department of Psychology within the College of Arts and Sciences. Our mission is to support and facilitate positive developmental outcomes with high quality services, thereby improving young children’s school readiness, and future student achievement.
Mike Krzyzewski (also known as "Coach K") is among the greatest coaches in basketball history having led the Blue Devils to five national championships during his 35 years at Duke. On the court, Coach K is a legend. Off the court, he is an advocate for the early childhood years. This piece from Coach K draws a clear metaphor between the game he knows and loves... and the early childhood years. You'll enjoy reading.
- Children Learn to Safely Cross the Street in UM’s WalkSafe Program Event at FDLRS-UM
- FDOE Releases - New Online Tools To Empower and Inform Florida Families
- FDLRS Proudly Announces PDA Statewide Online Courses Beginning January, 2017
- Buzz Memo (BEESS Weekly)
- Special Ed Connection flyer
- My Florida Family
- Mental Health in Schools (NPR)
- Professional Development Alternatives: Online Modules
Additional Support comes from the following programs
- The Children's Trust
- Centers for disease control and prevention
- Our Kids of Miami-Dade/Monroe